- This event has passed.
Childhood Interrupted: Daylong Intensive
March 3 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pm$275.00
Marcie Cramer and Josh Magro Present:
Childhood Interrupted: Daylong Intensive –
Adult Children of Alcoholics/Addictions/Dysfunction
As Adult children of alcoholics/addictions/dysfunction (ACOA’S) we did not grow up the same way as other children. We did not learn what other children learned and we learned far more about adult situations than any child could possibly process. We didn’t grow up with families that gave appropriate affection freely. We didn’t grow up in an environment where it was safe to freely express our thoughts, opinions and beliefs.
Instead we grew up with unspoken secrets and rules some of which might be:
- Don’t talk about family problems outside of the family, if at all.
- Don’t express feelings openly or honestly
- Don’t rock the boat, keep the status quo
- Don’t challenge your parents religious beliefs, opinions, or perceptions
- Unpredictability: either over reaction or under reaction
- What you see is not happening
- What you heard, wasn’t what was said
- Affection is not freely expressed in our family
- You exist to meet your parents needs not to have any of your own
Any one of the above requires a child to create elaborate coping and survival strategies. Unfortunately, these coping and survival strategies, while once essential and brilliant, can unconsciously corrupt our professional lives, our romantic relationships, our parenting and unintentionally re-create the environment of our childhood homes.
In this day long intensive, designed specifically for Adult Children of Alcoholics/Addictions/Dysfunction, we will explore what your specific coping and survival strategies are (conscious and unconscious) and how they interfere with your thriving strategies and are impacting the areas of your life. From there we will create new tools, skills, and strategies for you to create growth, healing and deep connection in your professional life, your romantic relationships, parenting and especially with yourself.
NEXT ACOA Intensive: Saturday, March3rd 2018, 9:30AM-6:30PM
Cost: $275 per person. Space limited to 25 participants.
For more information and to reserve your space call:
Marcie Cramer, Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist: